Tuesday, October 10, 2006

creating my own "desktop.scf"

Today I was trying to restore my old desktop shortcut on taskbar,which I mistakingly removed ,I tried to get it back but all in vaine(I didnt use google till now) I was actually using [start key]+D to get desktop as a short cut,but I wanted that shortcut link back,I saw my other computer to see what was that link cos it is not a usual short cut created by simple right click--->create shortcut thing [as I know till the moment] ,I found that it is not as usual a .lnk file as in every shortcut ,hmm,so it was not a normal shortcut file as I thought so what revealed is that it is a .scf file type and doesnt contain a complicated file contents,so I just created that file followed by dragging it and dropping it into taskbar .The data inside that file was as simple as that :

------------------------------desktop.scf-----------------------
[SHELL]
command=2
iconfile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop
----------------------------------------------------------------

well, after searching windows directory I found that there are other .scf files: explorer.scf and view channels.scf ,and here is the data inside them :
----------------------------explorer.scf------------------------
[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,1

[Taskbar]
Command=Explorer
----------------------------------------------------------------


and for view channels.scf
--------------------------view channels.scf--------------------

[Shell]
Command=3
IconFile=shdocvw.dll,-118

[IE]
Command=Channels

---------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know how these things are useful,but it was interesting thing I experienced today...
selam and peace my brother :lol:

Labels:

Smilar pages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home